Last night I went to the Relief Society General Broadcast. The Relief Society General Presidency as well President Uchtdorf spoke. It was a fabulous meeting and President Uchtdorf's talk was very inspiring. I took down a few notes and this morning went looking for some of the quotes that he shared. Here are some of my favorites:
"Try to see how many smiles you can create" ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Work will cure your grief, serve others" ~Gordon B. Hinckley
“Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.” ~James Barrie
“When you find yourselves a little gloomy, look around you and find somebody that is in a worse plight than yourself; go to him and find out what the trouble is, then try to remove it with the wisdom which the Lord bestows upon you; and the first thing you know, your gloom is gone, you feel light, the Spirit of the Lord is upon you, and everything seems illuminated” ~ Lorenzo Snow
3 comments:
I loved all of those quotes, too!
Me too. I walked out of there thinking, "I can DO this!"
I really enjoyed the broadcast too. Thanks for the quotes again, I loved them.
Right after the meeting was over I ended up calling some of my best friends to talk about it. It was a great night.
Post a Comment